Here is a summary of the K-m sample photo galleries or links that I could find so far:-
|Item No.||URL||Source||Full Size?||EXIF?||Language|
My observations and comments? Yes, as follows:-
1. Colour reproduction looks good and accurate for "Natural" and "Portrait" image tone settings, but not so for the "Bright" mode or anything else (Look at URLs #1 to #5);
2. Focusing accuracy seems to be fairly accurate (and they did use AF mostly) (Look at URLs #1 and #2);
3. Exposure accuracy with ambient light, for those pictures of which the EXIF data have been shown, *seems* to be improved as most of the photos with normal scenes are *now* without (the need of) exposure compensation (and they mostly used the "Pattern" metering) (Look at URLs #1, 2, 3 and 6);
4. Noise control and level at high ISO are very good in my opinion, with good amount of texture and details retained. The most favourable thing is that the noise really looks film grains alike, with more visible luminance noise rather than chroma (colour) noise, which just mean very usable images and high image quality up to ISO 1600 (Look at URLs #2);
5. Flash exposure accuracy (in this case with the AF540FGZ flashgun, in P-TTL mode), is yet unsatisfactory and there is a great tendency of underexposure. Just look at the flash photos in URL #6, all photos required a +0.5 or +1 EV exposure compensation so as to make the photos to look properly exposed as by the flash. Besides, the image quality and skin tone produced by the K-m, 540 flash and the DA*50-135 do both just look somehow mediocre and indeed it is just nothing is to be excited about. (Despite that the photographer is an experienced one who has very good skills in taking portraits for girls). So, does the P-TTL underexposure tendency and exposure inaccuracy just a ghost that Pentax could never get rid of??
6. The only sample made by the new DA*55/1.4 lens seems to re-produce very favourable colours and skin tone (Look at URL #3, and direct link for the pic here). In fact, I have missed this favourable genuine Pentax tasted colour response which I like for long since the birth of those DA "Pentax" digtial lenses (most of the time, look here for why and what's different).
Well, there will surely be more full-sized, un-retouched and original K-m sample photos to be come (no matter by end-users or by reviewers), I shall report back here later when I find something new, interesting or special, which are worth my further reporting, if any. And, I do hope I can confirm more firmly most of my findings above when more un-retouched/straight-out-of-the camera sample photos are posted.