Together with two new plastic DA "L" kit lenses where L stands for Lightweight, I believe, and "m" to be "mini". Well, this seems like to be somehow a Light joke to Canon and their users but actually a big joke to Pentax themselves, IMHO. Now, we Pentax users finally have the widely percepted luxury L lenses, but not made by Canon, which are just the bottom of the line products by Pentax which are told to be using plastic as far as possible (so as to save weight)! Really good, I can have both Canon and Pentax L lenses very soon!!
Source of information was *once* official (and actually it is just true), just see:-
The page has just appeared just shortly at the Pentax Europe (Germany) GmbH site but was removed quickly.
But someone has already copied the announcement and here it is:-
Well, the set price tags are not really cheap for the kits: 499 Euros for single kit with DA L 18-55 and 599 Euros for twin lens kit with also DA L 50-200. Competitive? I'm afraid NOT! (Unless the street prices are cheaper..)
In addition, there are more "insider" information as disclosed, just believe it or not:-
- 10.2 MP Sony sensor - the same one used in the K10D and K200D
- No LiveView (Huh! What? STILL Nooo LLLivveee Vieeeeeeeewwwwww?? OH NOOOO!!)
- 3.5 fps (but dunno how many frames it can shoot up to)
- "Help" button
- 1600 shots per charge! (So, no more AA batteries but just a small, lightweight and powerful proprietary lithium rechargeable is to be provided? Possibly a new battery model which is smaller in size. Finally, Pentax has just been able to kill one big evil that has been hurting them and their users much for years if it really is! Well..)
- No top monochrome LCD display panel, originally where now sits with a right hand mode dial
Well, how about the AF and the AE systems used in this new body, still the old (too crappy IMHO) ones??