Saturday, June 28, 2008

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog - First 100,000 Visits

Today, my WebCounter has counted the first 100,000 distinct visiting sessions for my Blog, which I think is quite a milestone for my site and possibly for all who are interested in and care about Pentax products.

Since launched in November 26, 2006, time goes by just like "flying", I would say. My Blog has been on the Internet for 19 months now. During the period, I have written 103 articles according to my themes and there have been quite a number of reads to my pages over the months. According to the StatCounter statistics, it records more people visit my Blog and people do stay longer and longer per visit and there are more pages read per visiting session as well.

Nonetheless, whilst I am glad to gain popularity (or maybe more hatreds, anyway), I shall continue to summarise and write about all those user reports/feedbacks, reviews and related news and report all that I know or observe. Still, the happiest and greatest time for me when I wrote were when I could see *real improvements* for new Pentax DSLR models (like this and this, for example). Sometimes, "nitpicking" (as accused by many Pentax fanboys who are blinded by stupid brand loyalty, frankly said) did make even myself felt upset somehow, but, I shall continue to report and do my works as objective as possible and as accurate as it can be. Of course, my works are not perfect, constructive comments are always welcomed and I will be glad to make corrections and updates to my blog entries as it should be if you tell me something valid.

Last but not least, I wish to thank once more for all those people who sent me their kind emails for supporting and encouragement and also for those who sent to ask me my advice and opinions. I take this opportunity to thank you ALL for your kind support and trust! Despite I am actually very busy in my life, I have actually replied all the emails and I did not even miss to reply one of those indeed numerous ones that I received for questions related to Pentax and cameras.

Of course, I do not encourage any hate emails which I think are all silly and meaningless. What I can only tell those guys here also is that: Don't waste your time to drop me an hate email, I would just ignore you from time to time and delete your email(s) at once without further reading, nor I would ever even think to reply. In fact, I know well for what those hate mails would say, of which the contents contained and wordings used were usually more or less the same.

Read Also:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog - One Year

Why This Blog?

35 Comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!

So 100,000 people have seen your horrendously negative and one-sided articles.

I am not sure how you can call it a Pentax blog without posting any of your own photos.

Be honest, it is a Pentax bashing blog.

From a Nikon User.

Anonymous said...

Yes, RiceHigh is negatively obsessed for a long time and is infamous for that. Bias like like this gives blogging bad name.

Canon user.

RiceHigh said...

Mr. A, anymore user from another brand? :-o

I simply can't resist not to reply!

Anonymous said...

There're fanboys and there're hateboys which's basically the same just in reverse. This blog is a poster for the latter phenomena.

And, yes, I'm a Pentax user.

Anonymous said...

Ricehigh please do not pay any attention whatsoever to all these stupid fanboys who cannot stand that some one is kind enough to help them see the problems in their Pentax DSLR system. If they are smart they will see the benefit of publicize and forcing Pentax to make the improvements they need to keep up with the superior and more advanced manufacturer such as the Canon and Nikon and even the Sony and Olympus these days!

It really seems Pentax is the worst of them all and you are doing all Pentax photographer great service by helping them this way afterall! Well it seems that some fanboys too stupid and blind to know when someone is helping them. Please keep up with this great blog! It is more valid than all the fanboys can even imagine with their brain so full of blind loyalty! It seems you are smarter than them afterall!

Split personality? said...

The reply above me sounds exactly like RH himself. Hmmm a bit suspicious if you ask me.
One of RH's favorite terms is "fanboy" and "blind brand loyalist".
both of which appear above.
Not to mention "afterall" which ends many of his posts.

Anonymous said...

Well 'split personality' you can think whatever you will yet do you really think RiceHigh will need to reply to his own article under anonymous name? He probably has too busy life with hobbies, job, family and so maybe you should get a life yourself instead of accusing stupid things like that. I am sure you are too obsessed with Pentax brand just like many others who reply on this blog.

RiceHigh said...

:-)

To anonomous said...

you seem to need a life yourself...
anyways the syntax of the post is suspicious. I could be right or wrong.
Actually I'm not that brand concience. Only thing that bothers me is stupidity, bad science, and pointless innuendos based on hot air. Not to mention that tooting your own horn as RH does is tasteless.
"Look at me!!! Look what I predicted" Ohh-we ain't I "special".
Most of what he predicted is pretty vague and not unexpected. Nobody thought Pentax would shoot up to say 40% market share. Even Pentax themselves were shooting for 10%.
Wooo we look how smart I am.....
Why don't you ask him what kind of engineer he is and his license number?.....Why is he so ashamed of it?

Anonymous said...

Well Mr. 'anonymous said' Ricehigh should not need to tell you his engineer license does he? You are nothing but angry fan of Pentax so why should he prove anything to you? It is so easy to see your silly hate for RiceHigh who is only try to help someone like yourself.

Actually you should thank him instead of attack him with empty accusing which is not so true afterall! But of course if you are so jealous of him you will never tell any thanks nor honor will you? It is very funny how you show your jealousy so just continue and give us all some more entertainment! ;-D

Unfortunately for you RiceHigh will just have to ignore you until you show you have something worth his time to comment.

Not jealous at all said...

Just downright calling him a liar and asking for proof.I wasn't raised as a "sheep" to believe whatever someone tells me. If you want to be a sheep that's your priveledge.

Baaaaahhh.......

RiceHigh said...

I think I should have ignored you totally as what others have suggested above.

But since you are so persistent in making your substantiated-by-nothing defamations (which of course are either your pure imaginations or intentional lies), IF I give you a solid "proof", will you formally tell us who you are (well-known Net-Name is more than enough) and apologise to me publicly here for your defamations made to me over the years??

Dare to reply? :-)

Not really said...

I've challenged you to prove you are who you say. No more or no less.
I will applaude and respect your FINALLY answer a direct question as to who you really are. You've used your supposed credentials to validate some of your baseless claims and yet refused to prove who you are. Your ceaseless and never ending selective bashing of Pentax because your pride was hurt by the Pentax CEO not answering your registered letter is quite plain to me. Personally I could care less what you like and dislike but unfortunately you hide behind your bad science, which has been challenged and refuted for years. You used to have validity but it doesn't take a genus to figure out why you were ejected from 2 web forums and left one under, at best, mysterious circumstances. These are documented facts, not slanders. You may pretend to be a martyr to some cause, but your just a "squeaky wheel" w/ a vendetta. It is actually up to you to prove the opposite to the world, not me.
If I LIED about anything please quote and post, I will gladly apologise to you.

RiceHigh said...

You dare to ask for my real name this time when you even not dare to tell us your Net Name or just your Internet Call Sign? Are you kidding?? You're just so funny! Are you always like to be so unfair to deal with people in your real life??

Don't you have yet forgotten so fast that you've just asked me a few comments ago for my "proof" of being a registered engineer and be a member of the IET? Or elsewhere recently, at the PentaxForums?! (Don't you forget you are the *only* person who have been making the same defamation and asking the same silly thing for years on the net (DPR, PentaxForums and Here)? Congrats anyway for this "uniqueness"!)

I have kindly given you my generous offer (to disclose something more about me and show you an "evidence" that you have been *eager* for). If you're not "brave" enough to bear just a minimal responsibilty for what you are saying and claiming, you're just a Coward!

You are reminded seriously hereby that when you made repeated defamations to someone without even any evidence, you are just being guilty and have offended against the Common Laws which are much more serious than just telling lies, which is already rather poor already, in fact.

Now, I give you one more chance and the last chance, don't talk to me or any readers here with anything else and then try to run away. You just have no chance to escape when we talk openly on the Internet! "Bravely" tell us all here Who you are on the Net? and WILL YOU give me (preferably also to all of my readers as well, I think) a formal apology if I show you a solid evidence? (Just answer me: Y or N?)

I deserve your this apology to me very well. But of course I won't expect much from you as I have been known you so well (for years), really!

More babble said...

I never asked you your name. I already know that Mr. Poon I just asked you to prove you are an engineer.
Web seaches reveal no Poon as an engineer.
Quite simple. I don't profess to be a professional of any kind but if I was and one required proof I would gladly give it. It is quite simple.

I have NOTHING to apologise for said...

n/t

by your reckoning said...

half the people at dp review owe you an apology.......
"My personal view is that he has hidden agendas and he wants to hurt Pentax as much as he can. He believes he was treated badly because Pentax Japan did not answer his letters and give him the apology he wanted. His "testing" methodology is pure junk on his "scientific" tests. He won't discuss anything rationally which has led to his banning on most civilized forums, so he created his own blog.
If his were the only opinion in the world, I would still ignore it.
..............................
Facts are never slander and your past is well documented.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=24213474

what can I say. said...

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/31157-k10d-vs-k20d-anologue-digital-converter-concerns-2.html#post282028
Everything here is either provable or an opinion. THERE is NOTHING slanderable here.
Your on the net and now basically a public figure. Get used to it, it was your choice.

Anonymous said...

RiceHigh please do not waste any more of your time to argue with this jealous man. He will not admit he is wrong even it is so obvious!

Please post more helpful articles about Pentax failures. I am successful professional fashion photographer in France for more than 20 years and I will quit using Pentax equipment because of your blog. Now I know my equipment is not good enough because of what you write so I will switch to Canon very soon.

If other fanboys can be adult enough to admit their stubborn loyalty they will be switching soon too. Who will want to use system that uses technology too far behind the others and also which will not exist probably in near future afterall!

My business will be even more successful after I switch and so I must thank you for all your honest opinions!

Please show me said...

where I am wrong? Apparently I am too stupid to see it. I would appreciate a very direct statement on what I said that was in error.
And if I am in error I will gladly correct it.
Thank you.

RiceHigh said...

Yes, you're right, pro fashion photographer!

This guy "jeffkrol" is not only a Coward, but actually just a Rascal! So, let's ignore him completely from now on!

Benjamin Kanarek said...

Hmmm..seems there is another pro-photographer in Paris that uses the Pentax. Seems he has about the same experience as I do. Seems he is also a Fashion Photographer as I am. Strange isn't it? However, I am one of those who really appreciates the Pentax product line and I do use it for my work. Who ever this anonymous is, I hope he is not posing as me. That could get REAL Nasty. I mean Really Bad Nasty!!!

Gooshin said...

you people are seriously pissing me off.

if you dont like what RH has to say, dont listen to him

but some of you guys go over the top, shame on you.

someone should create a term of "web-mob-mentality"

Anonymous said...

I only responded to the individual who states that he is a pro fashion photographer based in Paris. I would love to know who he is, just by curiosity.

gooshin said...

hey you know..

my old physics/chemistry teacher way back in highschool was named Mr.Poon

only he had a doctorate in nuclear physics, but preferred to teach highschool students.

hmmmmmmm

You NEVER ever answer my question said...

What type of engineer are you?
Why are you so stubborn?
What is the problem?
I've asked you to point out where I was wrong.
You never did.
I'll leave you alone, apparently it is pointless to ask you simple questions and expect simple answers.
Personally I believe you have "issues" but to each there own.
Sorry to piss you off Gooshin but this is a public place and we are all entitled to our opinions. It's not like I'm picking on a child here.... afterall.
And I really don't think asking him about his profession when he uses it to some extent to increase his validity on the bad science he does. To be fair most "net science" is bad...

Benjamin Kanarek said...

I only responded to the individual who states that he is a pro fashion photographer based in Paris. I would love to know who he is, just by curiosity.

Sorry..I forgot to fill in the identity info.

RiceHigh said...

> Gooshin said...
> but some of you guys go over the top, shame on you.
> someone should create a term of "web-mob-mentality"

Nice term! I like it! You really have good creativity, Gooshin :-)

RiceHigh said...

> Benjamin Kanarek said...
> I only responded to the individual who states that he is a pro fashion photographer based in Paris.

I think he stated that he's in France, but not specifically said that in Paris.

Gooshin said...

France isnt that big though...

hahahahahahah

Anonymous said...

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm

brok'n engrish said...

Much of the French fashion industry is based in Paris so it would be a natural assumption that this French fashion photographer who writes like RH would also be Paris based.

Where's Mr. Ex-Pentax Fashion Person? said...

Care to show us some of your work.
Never Known too many successful artists to be shy.........

Anonymous said...

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is part of a phrase attributed to Benjamin Disraeli and popularized in the United States by Mark Twain: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." The semi-ironic statement refers to the persuasive power of numbers, and succinctly describes how even accurate statistics can be used to bolster inaccurate arguments.

RiceHigh said...

True, but without stats, there can be even more "damned lies".

Post a Comment

Related Posts

 
Creative Commons License
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog by RiceHigh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.