Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hypocrites/Cowards of those "Pentax" Forums

Someone made a post with links to my blog at the Photo.net's "Pentax" forum but the thread was shortly closed:-

http://photo.net/pentax-camera-forum/00U2w7

And then today a poster at the PentaxForums has made a post about my article and discussions and my link was immediately removed by the site owner, Adam:-

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/68214-ricehighs-pentax-blog.html

Whilst from time to time I point to any sites and forums for news and posts that are relevant to Pentax and gear (and I am still doing so), I just cannot understand why those Forum owners should try to control speeches and don't allow their "members" to even just post an Internet link (of mine)!?

Those people are just hypocrites but cowards afterall. But they are just plain stupid and silly. Well, I just wish to ask: What are you "site-owner" guys are so being AFRAID of?? WHAT??

Btw, is there any free Forum for the Pentax Community. If you don't like that your voices are being suppressed at the only few Pentax Forums on the Net and there are just too much unreasonable censorship and white horror, try to join mine:-

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ricehigh_pentax/

p.s. Even the DPR allows my links, as my sites are all totally non-commercial. What are those other guys are trying to FILTER?

Update (7-30):

Here is yet again an example of excessive filtering and censorship at the PentaxForums. The poster wrote the post and it did not appear at the PentaxForums thread and thus he has re-posted it at my Yahoo Pentax Group:-

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ricehigh_pentax/message/620

I think what the poster writes are totally legitimately and in a polite way too, which should meet the "rules" of any forum on the net. So, why delete/hide/withheld those posts? I'm afraid people these days just very love to control Freedom of Speech of others, whenever the Authorities who have the Power don't like others' opinions, which could be different or simply that they JUST do NOT want to see for some reasons! Civilised enough?

25 Comments:

Anonymous said...

hey RH, Gooshin here

let me double post what i wrote on pentaxforums.. feel free to delete it, but then you would be stooping down to our level, right?

========================
1. Rice High has almost no gear of his own

2. the majority of his information comes from either borrowed, rented, or show-cased equipment.

3. he is very good at scouraging the internet for 3rd hand experiences and photos, which he compiles on his site in the form of a blog (although as far as i know is he diligent at giving credits to such sources)

4. everyone worth mentioning that has come in contact with Rice High will probably ascertain that he is not that good of a photographer, with very rare instances of him showcasing his personal work

5. his "tests" are often mock deliberations at putting down pentax, most experienced people often see the technical mistakes made in a particular photo creation, most often under exposure or simply bad light.

6. RH exhibits an unnatural tenacity towards making Pentax look bad, when the truth of the matter is (and this is where i am actually against many RH haters) is that the camera often has little to do with the final 800X600 output, all else being equal.

7. you will notice that RH doesnt bash lenses, intresting, no?


so in conclusion, after many years of fighting he got the boot (or left?), because it was a standstill.

he kept churring out anti-pentax material, and everyone kept telling him that he was purpously picking out the bad examples made either on purpose, or in error (or both)

considering how much amazing photographs appear in our very own photo-section, you really start to wonder why RH does what he does.

Anonymous said...

Question: What are those other guys are trying to FILTER?

Answer: Morons who masquerade as "reviewers."

Adam said...

Hi Rice,

Adam here. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and only banned your account for a month. Lots of people asked me to then ban your account and IP permanently, which I refused to do.

Yet, you keep on stirring up trouble (this is a perfect example). Perhaps I should reconsider!

Also, the only voice we 'supress' on the site are douchebags who insist on posting just to give me, the moderators, and other users a hard time.

Anonymous said...

yes they will....

- Gooshin

lapratho said...

Well, I replied in that thread - it will be interesting to see if they allow the post, as it needs to be reviewed by a moderator.

Anonymous said...

Mr. RiceHigh I am afraid I must agree with you. These silly fanboys like Gooshin and Adam will only hide behind their words to always makes you look bad!!! They are only stupid silly fanboys without any brains nor good sense after all!

We should ask why they are afraid to see the true flaws in their Pentax camera which probably they just admire too much instead of take real picture. Just like they accuse of you. Indeed you should just ignore them and carry on with your excellent blog. Sometimes you try to help people by show them the truth but they just cannot handle it because they are just too blind with Pentax love! Really it is very sad.

Anonymous said...

I wonder who left the "Anonymous" comment above....seems to be awfully similar in style and comment to the blog itself....hmmmmm

RiceHigh said...

> lapratho said...

> Well, I replied in that thread - it will be interesting to see if they allow the post, as it needs to be reviewed by a moderator.

What a Censorship! ..at the self-called "most friendly" PentaxForums.

RiceHigh said...

> Adam said...
> Adam here. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and only banned your account for a month. Lots of people asked me to then ban your account and IP permanently, which I refused to do.

Please feel free to do so and I had already told publicly (before you banned me for one month) that I should not post at *your* site anymore. You and yours are just not worth my contribution and support nor my valuable time.

> Yet, you keep on stirring up trouble (this is a perfect example). Perhaps I should reconsider!

What "trouble(s)"??

> Also, the only voice we 'suppress' on the site are douchebags who insist on posting just to give me, the moderators, and other users a hard time.

What "hard time" by posting an internet link of others about Pentax? Who are the "douchebags"?? How you are being so disrespectful to your "members" and supporters when you dare to say so!

Anyway, I still wish you could earn more and more money by running your site, as a good business! More "donations" forever! Good luck, guy and my ex-"friend"!

Anonymous said...

It's funny how a camera generates so much hatred, but I agree that the fact that RH doesn't show his photographer credentials gives him absolutely NO CREDIBILITY.

Philippe said...

I have a simple suggestion ricehigh

wright as many in favor comments as you write comments against

that is, for example, when you make a list of post from users reporting problems with their pentax gear
do also make a list of post where users report their camera is great

even better, measure the number of pro post versus cons post. it might give you an idea that actually the gear is fine, and that of course their are limitations.


then you might become a real reporter, someone who takes all reality into consideration and not only one biased aspect focusing on it so much you don't see the reality anymore. then you might not get banned, and i don't think it is hypocrisies or cowardness
people have just had enough of your single focused mind on defects. and might you also consider that what appears to be a defect here, is an advantage there (e.g. to cite one example, the supposedly inferiority of the jpeg processing in k20 that renders less details on certain aspects, but also more texture which i personally prefer for prints, )

be open minded and less self centered: understand that they had enough

simple suggestion, you might want to consider

on an other consideration, my personal opinion would be that the real limitation lies behind the camera. i've been using pentax k20d and km and played with my friends' canon and nikon. when i do outdoor trips, i make as many good versus bad pictures as my friends do.
and yes i've had many troubles with the k20d, i had to change it twice for the banding issue, yet i still use it, because it does make so incredible outdoors pics, when i do use it well (camera does no magic whichever brand)

sincerly,

PL

Anonymous said...

Hey, strange! The new Nikon D300S has 720 video only in 24 frames per second versus Pentax's K-7 30 frames per second. If Nikon was not able to achieve 30, it means it was not a piece of cake for Pentax, even more so! Congratulations, Pentax!

Anonymous said...

PF started all this cause you dont moderate. PF just nasty equipment forum. Only moderation that takes place is thread moving. Terrible.

Anonymous said...

Dirty stories about censorship on "free" Internet forums are not so rare as we think... I had an accident in one Lithuanian photography site ( I am Lithuanian )- after publishing one nature photography in site's part for the best works ( IMHO it was worth this publishing, and I got some positive reviews and two recomendations for best work in group) 12 hours later someone with adminstrator rights gave me mark "bad", as three reviewers after him. Work was deleted from gallery by automatic system as too bad as best work. After some talks I knew that ALL nature photography posters had such accidents.

Resume: this is like in press: photography forums and portals, as newspapers and magazines, have their owners, who dictates rules for them. There is power of money, and because of information sources are private and depends of financial sources, anything what is not suitable for ownes business is removed. This is todays dictature - if not worse...

Anonymous said...

This is the MOST useless Camrea review site EVER!!! YET, the Funniest Site on EARTH. Rice High should get a job in Comedy show or something. He is so Stupid and childish, I am so addicted to his own show. I come to this site more than 10 times a day just to have laugh on how one person can be this stupid and childish. Like some of RH fans...He should get laid..he is just angry because his life is miserable and lonely. Somewhat I do pitty him...maybe I should give him a hug and take him to a whorehouse.

Anonymous said...

RH, you perfectly know why you have been *temporarily* banned from pentaxforums (PF): The forum rules state that no one should just post links to other sides but should include the relevant content in the posting. An occasional posting with little more than a link won't be frowned at but you consistently used the forum to advertise your blog.

Despite the fact that many PF users would be more than happy to see you banned forever and your contributions were often little more then barely dressed up Pentax bashing, the moderators did not ban you for this.

Kudos to them, as they maintained freedom of speech.

The fact that you are now throwing abuse at them and incorrectly attack them as censors further undermines your credibility.

Too bad.

RiceHigh said...

You tone is too familiar as what those hypocritical Mods said, no need to re-mention the silly point repeatedly indeed.

Read back my PF post link in another PF member posted my blog link above, I think he provided a link not his and perfectly with lengthy explanation, comments remarks, still the link is removed very immediately.

In fact, my links had been removed for times without any good reasons (all those happenings are reasonable and fair), unlike exactly what you says. And, there *was* not such a "rule" you supposed when I joined the Forum and more importantly more careful minded people should be able to notice that that "rule" has been enforced to my links only, no matter who posted them.

Sometimes it is just silly to accuse someone to post Internet links on the Internet, as long as the links are relevant and on-topic. I did write everytime a subject title at least with some words together with my or some others' links, do I need to save all the Html codes and re-paste/re-edit them into a Single Post??

Just do what DPR do to backlist unwanted URL links when you clearly to have a stance and want to set up a filter and do censorship. Don't try to pretend to be good, open and fair.

So, for all these happenings for times and for long, I think Hypocrites are the best words to describe these people and the true Authority behind.

Anonymous said...

"Just do what DPR do to backlist unwanted URL links when you clearly to have a stance and want to set up a filter and do censorship."
This is not done as there is no censorship.

"I think Hypocrites are the best words to describe these people and the true Authority behind."
What do you mean by true authority? Do you have a conspiracy theory?

As for the posting which you claim was not allowed at PF, here it is:
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/686669-post55.html

Censorship?

I hope the other "facts" you present on this blog have at least some truth to it.

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Is there a more defensive group of camera owners than our Pentax crowd?

We have Roland Mabo and Lance B and others who would praise everything Pentax, regardless of QC issues and not being able to match features of other manufacturers' 2-year-old products.

The K-7 surely takes the cake. Looks like it will need a lot of firmware updates to solve all the problems discovered in the first few weeks of use. But what about the defects FW can't solve? And how many people will fork over hard-earned dollars for a CHANCE of getting a non-defective unit?

There's a post on DPR, where some poor guy had SIX problematic K7's in a row. The response from many? He's too picky. HAH!

Watching the performance of Pentax over the past couple of years is like watching a train wreck...

Anonymous said...

What?

Still no response from the peanut gallery to my train wreck comment?

I guess it's hard to argue with the truth.

Anonymous said...

RH,

Blue here. You are the hypocrite. I don't follow your blog very often. However, I see you ran out and got yourself a green K-m. Although its not obvious whether its yours or just a web link. However, you are the one being hypocritical. How does a green K-m make up for not having a K20d, K200d or K20d even though you have written dozens of pages on each? How much does xxxxn pay you to maintain this site?

Anonymous said...

"Watching the performance of Pentax over the past couple of years is like watching a train wreck"...but with better IQ.

RiceHigh said...

Why the "better IQ" still led to the "train wreck" then?

Anonymous said...

sites are afraid of competition. Killing the link to your website is part of marketing. gaining higher points in the www

Anonymous said...

Pentax Forums is for people who are stuck with their intermediate level cameras and always wishing that the cameras could somehow do more. About every other day on there someone states, "Oh it will get better in the next release".

Pentax is a train wreck and nothing more than a company incapable of adaptation. Don't waste you time or money on anything having to do with Pentax; spend a few more hundred and get a real camera, not a camera such as any Pentax that will never live up to a real camera.

Post a Comment

Related Posts

 
Creative Commons License
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog by RiceHigh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.