It is found by someone that the K-5 new firmware 1.02 has been silently uploaded at the European Pentax (Support) Network, the details are as follows:-
1. Go to https://network.pentax.eu/;
2. Choose your language (English, German or French) and do a free registration there;
3. After that, you can access the website, search under Explorer\IS Products\Digital SLR\K-5\Software-Updates for the new K-5 firmware for downloading;
4. After downloading and installed, PhotoME will show that the firmware version is 1.02.21.07 in lieu of 1.01.0.5 as previously;
Btw, it is not told for the changes as contained in the new firmware version 1.02, but the change(s) should be significant enough for a new version number. However, as it has not yet been officially released even at the Pentax Japan support page for the K-5, if you really want to give it a try (for whatever reasons), do it at your own risk! :-)
Update (1-4): The 1.02 firmware files have been removed! But they have been copied and re-uploaded at: http://www.optyczne.pl/index.php?news=3611 Go get it if you still want to try! :-D
Update (1-6): The 1.02 firmware for K-5 has finally been uploaded to the Pentax Japan support page: http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/digital/k-5_s.html
Changes to V1.02
- Compatible with SDXC memory card.
* Transfer rate is not compatible with UHS speed class.
- All ISO sensitivity setting can be used on Bulb mode.
- Improved functional sequence for Contrast AF and improved total speed until in focus.
*Contents of [Version 1.01] will be also updated.
Pentax K-5 Firmware 1.01