Changes to V1.01
- Increases the number of continuous shot at RAW format and High sensitivity shooting.
* Ex. Setting condition: RAW/ISO100, Increases the number of continuous shot from maximum approx. 8 frames to approx. 20 frames.
- Improved stability for general performance such as exposure range on HyP mode
Besides, Pentax also hints that tethering option will be added to their application software later, at least for the 645D:-
Quoted, "A remote-access application will soon to be added to this software, allowing you to control your PC from a distance using the 645D."
Thanks much to Zebooka for his first reply comment to this post, we have the following hacking information of the new K-5 firmware! Quoted:-
Interesting things as quoted:
2) Interesting parameters for SYSPARAM.TXT file:
2.a) Noise reductions: FORCENR, DISABLENR, DISABLE_HW_DPC, DISABLE_EX_DPC, DISABLE_BLACK_DPC, FORCE_LEXP_DPC, FORCE_EX_DPC, FORCE_HW_DPC, DISABLE_ALL_NR
(DPC == Dark Pixel Current?)
2.b) DISABLE_BULB_ALG == Disable Bulb Algorith? Forced noise reduction?
2.c) ENABLE_ROLLING_CAPTURE, ENABLE_ROLLING_STILL == Electronic shutter ???
2.d) DISABLE_V_SHADING_CORR, DISABLE_H_SHADING_CORR, ENABLE_SUPER_HIGH_ISO_NR, ENABLE_DARK_FRAME_TV_RATIO == Those are tricks to foll DxO and show less noise ??? :)
2.e) DISABLE_BAYER_ALL_FILTER == woo hooo! It's a BW camera :)
2.f) ENABLE_SR_TRIGGER_26KHZ == Very interesting. Is it a Shutter Blur bugfix option? (to ommit data about 26KHz fluctuations from SR)
3) Face Detection Library is same as in K-7 1.10 == v.18.104.22.168, Copyright (c) 2005-2009 by FotoNation. All rights reserved.
Enjoy! Happy Hacking! But mind you that YOU DO EVERYTHING AT YOUR OWN RISK! :-D
K-x Debug Mode Tutorial - AF Adjustment
Tethering the Current Pentax DSLRs?
New Firmware to be Released for the K-5