Web Analytics RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Important Blog Notice: Full RSS Feed Text is Not Provided with Immediate Effect

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Important Blog Notice: Full RSS Feed Text is Not Provided with Immediate Effect

I am sorry to make this hard decision and I feel very obliged to do so. But owing to serious RSS feed scrapping and content theft from my Blog for some time now, I think I have to take an effective measure to stop these without any further hesitation and delay. I hope this will not cause too much inconvenience to you if you are one of my regular readers who used to read via your feed reader. To all whom are affected, my deep apologies here but you're encouraged to click on my direct URL links to my Blog articles from now on. Still, the RSS feed summaries are provided in the future, which should still serve well for alerting purpose. Whenever you find something that maybe of interest, just do it, i.e., click on my URL post links, and I am sure that you can always find out more at the original posts.

Nevertheless, I hope this measure would be an interim one, until I can find out a better solution to the problem without taking out this *option* from my regular readers who subscribed and read via the RSS feed in a consistent basis, and mostly.

Update (8-22):-

I feel there is a need to publish the Whois registrant information here for a recent major scraper site who consistently steals contents from my site (and many others' as well) using robot but whom intentionally remove all the embedded links of others' articles stolen (not even to say making any attribution to the original authorships!). Here it is:-

"Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: [Deleted]
Created on: 27-Apr-11
Expires on: 27-Apr-12
Last Updated on: 07-Jun-11

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration [Deleted]@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration [Deleted]@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
NS21.IXWEBHOSTING.COM
NS22.IXWEBHOSTING.COM"

Well, you thief, if you read this, I just wish to ask: What are you doing? Why are you doing this? Do you feel ashamed of what you do?? >:-|

Update (8-23):-

Someone asked me to disclose the IP (or simply the Domain) of that particular offending website (instead of the registrant as shown above, whom is just a Proxy) but then strangely assumed that I didn't know the IP. Actually, I knew it. However, for the sake of safety for all my readers and by no means I should publicise the theft site here at all as well, I shall not disclose it fully but will only show the following, still:-



As I have already replied, the problem is not as simple as one would suppose. Usually, looking things from the topmost surface won't help anything. The battles and wars between the two confronting sides are always ongoing, and those thief webmasters knew very well how to do the theft in many different ways!

Most importantly, it should and must be noted that it's me and my readers whom are the victims. In particular, I firmly believe that I am NOT the one whom should be blamed. Is it my fault of me in any way when my own Blog contents are stolen? WHO have been doing wrong, illegally and unethically actually after all?? >:-[